SASSA (South African Social Security Agency) offers financial assistance to eligible citizens in the form of grants. Among the many grants, the SRD (Social Relief of Distress) grant has been a significant financial assistance scheme that provides temporary relief to eligible individuals and families during times of crisis. In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about SASSA SRD Grant Payment Dates and Methods.
How to Apply for SASSA SRD Grant?
To apply for the SASSA SRD Grant, you must be a South African citizen or permanent resident with a valid ID number. The application process for the grant is simple and can be completed in a few easy steps:
- Visit the SASSA SRD website.
- Click on the South African ID Holders option at the bottom of the screen.
- Fill in your details and upload the necessary documents.
- Submit your application.
Once your application is approved, you will receive an SMS with a secure link to confirm your banking details. Follow the instructions carefully to ensure your grant is paid to the correct bank account.
SASSA SRD Grant Payment Dates
Candidates who receive the SRD grant from SASSA and choose to be paid via cash might not have a payment date. If you or someone you know experienced this, visit the SASSA SRD website, where you will receive a payment date.
This mishap is often due to a failure of your mobile number verification. The mobile number you registered with SASSA to receive the SMS for the cash payment method must be registered in your name. This is for security reasons, as SASSA will not pay the funds to a mobile number registered by another person.
The SASSA SRD Grant is typically paid on the 1st day of every month. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there have been changes to the payment dates. The payment dates for 2023 are yet to be confirmed, but you can contact SASSA directly for more information.
SASSA SRD Grant Payment Methods
SASSA offers various payment methods for the SRD Grant, including:
- Bank Account Payment: The grant is paid directly into your bank account.
- Cash Payment: If you don’t have a bank account, you can receive your grant in cash at a designated pay-point.
- Mobile Money Payment: You can receive your grant on your mobile phone via mobile money services like eWallet or M-Pesa.
To change your payment method, you need to:
- Visit the SASSA SRD website.
- Scroll down to “How do I change my banking details.”
- Insert your ID number in the box.
- Check your cellphone (the number you used to apply with) for an SMS with a secure link.
- Click the secure connection and follow the instructions to change your payment method.
Where can I collect my SRD R350 grant in cash?
If you do not have a personal bank account, you may collect your R350 grant at any of these approved stores:
- Pick n Pay
- Boxer stores
- OK Food markets
It is important to note that you do not have to collect your grant on the day that it becomes available. The grant will remain in your accounts until it is needed.
Contacting SASSA for Further Queries
You can contact SASSA directly with further queries regarding the SASSA SRD Grant Payment Dates and Methods. Here are the contact details:
- SASSA Toll-Free Call Centre: 0800 60 10 11
- SASSA Head Office: 012 400 2322
- Email: [email protected]