Canara Bank Net Banking: Canara Bank is one of the largest banks in India. Canara Bank provides NetBanking / Internet banking services to its retail as well as corporate bank customers. Canara Bank account holders can avail of services like fund transfer, bill payment through Canara Bank Net Banking, and apply for a new debit/credit card, book a new FD / RD account and tickets, and more Can be paid without paying additional fees or charges provided that they have an internet connection and their mobile number should be registered with Canara Bank. After being registered with Canara Bank Internet Banking, customers can carry out financial transactions in their homes or offices comfortably.
About Canara Bank
|Owner||Government of India|
|Chairperson||T. N. Manoharan|
|Customer service||1800 425 0018|
|Founded||1 July 1906|
|Canara Bank website|
|Services Offered||Fund Transfer, Balance Check, Book online tickets, Making Payments, Opening FD/RD Account etc.|
|Registration Methods||Visit Bank Branch/ATM or register online through Net Banking Portal|
|Online Fund Transfer Methods & Limit||IMPS- ₹ 2 Lakhs|
NEFT- ₹ Nil
RTGS- ₹ Nil
How to open Canara Bank Savings Account in Near Branch?
Any resident Indian can access the official Canara Bank website.
To open a new savings account, submit a personal statement and choose the branch you want to work with.
There is a facility for uploading scanned copies of required documents.
A URN (unique reference number) will be sent to you via SMS.
You must validate your mobile number and email.
Take a printout of your application form, or you can request bank officials to do so.
Visit the branch with all original documents.
Deposit a minimum balance of Rs. 1000.
After that your account will be opened and you will be provided with a welcome kit which will contain the bank details and usually the required account.
ID and address proof (Passport, Voter’s ID, Driving Licence, Aadhar card, NREGA card, PAN card)
2 Passport-size photo
Specimen Signature Card
Copy of PAN Card/Form 60 or 61 (if the customer does not have PAN Card)
Any other related documents applicable to Students, Minor, HUF, Trusts, associations, etc.
Canara Bank Savings Account Charges
Failure to maintain minimum balance – Rs. 30 / – per month
For inoperative accounts exceeding the minimum balance, no fee is applicable.
For inoperative accounts below the minimum balance, Rs. 150 or the available balance, whichever is less, is charged per quarter. For senior citizens, basic, small and NSIGSE savings accounts, the above fees are waived.
Debit Card Replacement Fee Rs. 50.
For closure of account before 1 year, Rs. 200 per account is levied. No fee applicable for closure within 14 days of opening of account.
What is the type of Canara Bank Savings Account?
1. Canara Bank Basic Savings Deposit Account
- This product is designed to enable the common man to access basic banking facilities.
- A person opening a basic savings account cannot have any operative account with the branch/bank.
- The account can be opened in the individual’s name, jointly, or by a guardian in case of a minor.
- The balance should not exceed Rs. 50,000. An aggregate of all credit transactions in a year should not exceed Rs. 1 lakh.
- No minimum balance required.
- ATM/Debit card will be issued subject to a maximum of 4 withdrawals per month, after which a service charge of Rs. 5 is applicable.
- Facilities of the Internet and mobile banking.
- Any credit through online funds transfer will be free.
- Deposit of cash and deposit/collection of cheques drawn by Central/State Government will be free.
- No charge is levied on inoperative accounts or on activation of inoperative accounts.
2. Canara Bank Small Savings Bank Deposit Account
- A small savings bank deposit account is designed for people who cannot produce the KYC (Know your customer) documents required. Only the name, passport photo and signature or thumb impression is required. The features are the same as a basic savings account except for a few restrictions.
- Total withdrawals and transfers in a month should not exceed Rs 10,000/.
- Foreign remittances can be credited only if the customer produces official valid documents to fully establish his/her identity.
- The account will be operational only for 12 months. If the account holder provides evidence of application for any official valid document, then the account can be extended by another 12 months.
3. Canara NSIGSE Savings Bank Deposit Account
- This product is provided under the directives of the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India. It is designed to reduce school dropouts and promote the enrolment of girls belonging to SC/ST communities in Secondary schools.
- SC/ST girls who have passed class 8, or any girl who passes Class 8 examination from Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas and enrolls for Class 9 in a State/Union Territory Government, Government-aided or local body school are eligible.
- Withdrawals can be made only with withdrawal slips.
- No minimum balance is required.
- There is no restriction based on income criteria for this grant.
- This scheme does not apply to married girls, girls studying in private unaided institutions, schools run by the Central Government.
4. Canara Junior Savings Account
Minors above the age of 10 can open this account with a declaration from parents/guardians and operate it individually.Features
- Personalised debit card with limit on withdrawals to Rs. 5,000 per month.
- Limit on total debit transactions to Rs. 10,000 per month.
- Total credit should not exceed Rs. 1 lakh per annum. Account should always be in credit.
- SMS alert sent to mobile number as provided.
- The account will continue without restriction on attaining majority.
- Attractive educational loan schemes for students.
5. Canara Jeevandhara- Savings account for senior citizens
- This account is for senior citizens who have attained the age of 60 years and above, applicable to resident Indians only.
- There is no minimum balance required.
- The ATM withdrawal limit is Rs. 25,000 per day.
- SMS alerts, Net banking and mobile banking facility
- Health insurance and Accident insurance policies available
- Loan facility
- Assistance in writing a will and executant service is provided at a nominal fee in full confidence.
6. Canara SB Power Plus
- This account is designed for premier customers.
- Minimum Rs. 1 lakh average quarterly balance is required.
- Personalised Platinum debit card.
- Free credit card for first year.
- Personal accident insurance.
- SMS alerts, Net banking and mobile banking.
- Auto sweep and locker facility.
- Demat operations.
- DD charges are fully waived and up to 300 cheque leaves free per annum.
7. Canara Payroll Package Saving Bank Account
- This account enables employers to pay employees quickly through bank transfer and avoids unnecessary paperwork.
- Employers must maintain an average monthly balance of Rs. 1,000 from the succeeding month of opening the account. A fine of Rs. 100 is applicable if not maintained.
- Firms/corporates should have a standing of 1 year with at least 25 employees.
Platinum debit card with photo is issued with a withdrawal limit of Rs. 50,000.
Credit card issued free of charge for the first year.
2 DDs free per month and 200 cheque leaves free per annum.
Personal accident insurance is available.
50% discount on processing fees for loans.
8. Canara Super Savings Salary Account
- Average monthly balance at Semi-urban, Urban, Metro branches are Rs.1,000.
- Average monthly balance at Rural branches is Rs.500
- Account can be opened by schools, associations, societies, clubs, capital gain accounts, regonised PF accounts, government bodies, semi-government departments, trusts, HUFs, illiterates, minors, and individuals.
- Joint accounts can be opened.
- You will need to submit a passport size photograph, proof of address, proof of identity, and the application form to open the account.
- Running account.
- No additional interest rate is provided for senior citizens.
- You cannot take a loan against the balance available in the account.
- You can add nominees to the account.
- You will be provided a debit card and passbook.
- Internet and mobile banking facility are provided.
- Standing instructions can be set-up.
Services of Canara Bank NetBanking
- Canara Bank Net Banking
- Check your account balance
- View the transaction history of your banking accounts and credit card
- Transfer money between your accounts and other accounts at Canara Bank
- Transfer funds to an overseas account (may require supporting documents)
- Transfer funds to another local bank account
- Pay your bills
- Enquire on interest rates
- Open new Term / Fixed Deposits
- Stop cheque or order new checkbooks
- Update personal information (except address)
- View and download e-Statements for banking accounts and credit cards
How to register Canara Bank NetBanking Online?
A Resident Customer and a Non-Resident Customer with Domestic Mobile Number can follow these steps given below to register for Canara Bank NetBanking online:
- Step 1 :Visit the official Canara Bank netbanking site at https://www.canarabank.in/
Step 2 :Click on the “Net Banking – (Retail)” button.
- Step 3 :Click on the “New registration” button on the screen.
- Step 4 :You will be redirected to the page where all the concerned terms and conditions.
- Click on “I Agree” button to continue with the registration process.
- Step 5 : Fill up the details asked for in the Canara Net banking registration form such as account number, debit card number, registered mobile number, and customer ID [Hint Password: Canara123!$]
- Click on the “I Agree” button at the bottom of the form.
- A transaction reference number will be displayed. Also, you will receive an OTP that is to be entered twice on the screen.
- Now, choose your login password, enter it twice in the relevant fields, and click on the “Submit” button.
- Upon successful submission, the registration process will be completed. A success message will be displayed along with your user ID
- You can log on to Canara bank net banking after a cooling period of 1 hour & start transacting immediately.
How to login Canara Net Banking?
If you want to know how to login in canara net banking online portal then follow this given below process, never forget any steps to know about login canara net banking.
Step 1: Visit the official website of Canara Bank Net Banking https://www.canarabank.in/
Step 2: Enter your Canara Bank User Id, password, and captcha before the ‘Sign in‘ button.
After that, you will be redirected to your Canara Bank account dashboard where you can select all the available services for which you are eligible.
How to register for Canara Bank Net Banking at bank branch?
Now go to the bank branch of Canara Bank and ask for a net banking registration form (personal or corporate)
Fill the form and submit it to the Canara Bank branch officer
On successful processing, you will receive a user/login ID in the form of an SMS on your registered mobile number.
Password (s) – Both logins and transactions will be sent to your registered postal address by speed post with 7-10 working days.
Once your password is sent from our CPC, an SMS will be sent to your registered mobile number.
The SMS will contain the speed post tracking number for your reference.
Please note that to complete a financial transaction in Canara Net Banking you will need a user/login ID, login password, and transaction password.
Canara Bank Phone Banking Registration Process
- Internet Connection
- Sufficient Balance to send SMS (Carrier charges by Network Operator)
- Sufficient storage to download application (Approx. 10 MB)
- Active Debit Card for activation.
How to create a Canara Bank Mobile Banking?
If you want to register in Canara Bank Mobile Banking then follow this step given below, never forget any steps to create Canara Mobile Banking.
- Step 1: Kindly visit Play Store/App Store on your smartphone and search the Canara Bank Mobile Banking application. Click on the mobile app icon & press install.
- Download the Mobile Banking App (CANDI) from Google Play Store for android devices or App Store for IOS devices
Step 2:Install the application and open it. Give all the necessary permissions when required.
Step 3:User will be prompted to select SIM in the handsets. The user shall select the registered Mobile Number (in Bank) for sending an SMS.
Registered mobile number is one which is updated and linked with customer ID of Bank Account Number of the customer in CBS (FP:CIM09). Ensure that the registered mobile number has valid SMS pack.
Step 4:An OTP will be generated which will be auto-read to enter into the application. If OTP is not read automatically, then enter OTP manually.
Step 5:User needs to create 5 digits Passcode, post which he/she will be able to Login CANDI App.
Step 6:After creation of 5 digits Passcode, application will redirect to pre Login Page. In this screen user name appear automatically.
Registration of Mobile Banking Process is successfully completed Now user need to enter 5 digits Passcode for Login and Activate Mobile Banking
Step 7:After successful setting of 5 digits Passcode, Activation of Mobile Banking is compulsory. Without Activation of Mobile Banking Customer cannot do any Financial / Non – Financial Transaction. For Activation of CANDI App user needs to set6 digits MPIN.
Step 8:After successful setting of 6 digits MPIN, entering debit card details followed by ATM PIN is mandatory.
Step 9:After Activating Mobile Banking App, by default Primary Account will be shown. If customer wants to add more account linked to same customer ID, Click on “Add New Account” button present in bottom.
Step 10:Enter Account Number which you want to add and then re-enter the same and tap to continue. Make sure entered account number is linked with the same customer id in CBS which is used while on-boarding.
Maximum 4 accounts can be added in CANDI App which is linked to the same customer ID. Mobile banking facility is extended to following accounts for the above Mentioned customers: CASA accounts – Savings Bank, Current Account and Overdraft Account. Joint Account/s with Operating Instructions Either OR Survivor only-Joint or First (JOF) & Joint or Others (JOO) Account Number can be added.
Important links of canara bank
>Canara Bank customer Care Number – 1800 425 0018